Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-19 22:54:43, last edited by mrjawapa (2015-06-26 17:55:46)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

[Update] Everybody Edits Rules

I updated the rules to be a clearer, and to take away/add a few things.

View them here

Rules
-Never share email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, or other personal information of other people. This will result in a ban.

-Do not use offensive language, or try to evade word censors, this will result in a warning, ban, or removal of your chat.

-Members should be respectful to others. Flaming, harassing, or abusing users will not be tolerated and will result in a warning, ban, or removal of your chat.

-Do not connect to the Everybody Edits server with any client that disturbs or impedes on other user's game play.

-Do not use any references, slurs, slogans, or anything alike about drugs, alcohol, or tobacco.

-Drawing, creating, or sending messages containing offensive or explicit images/material is strictly forbidden. This will result in a ban.

-Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstances. This includes advertising websites and flooding the chat. This will result in a warning, ban, or removal of your chat.

-Mutings, kicks, bans, and warnings will not be discussed with a third party. All situations as such are to remain private at the issued user's discretion.

-All bans, kicks, mutes, or any other disciplinary actions are made at the discretion of the Everybody Edits staff.

-The Everybody Edits staff reserves the right to edit or remove any content that is drawn or created.

-The Everybody Edits staff reserves the right to remove bans that were put in place.

-The Everybody Edits staff reserves the right to edit this rule list at any time.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (4)

#2 2015-02-19 23:44:01

Anch

Re: [Update] Everybody Edits Rules

Cool.

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2015-02-20 00:20:35, last edited by Pingohits (2015-02-20 00:20:45)

Pingohits
Banned

not a lot of people like to see such a huge chunk of words. I made it better for you, JUST with spaces!

Rules
- Never share email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, or other personal information of yourself or others. This will result in a ban.

- Do not use offensive language, or try to evade word censors, this will result in a warning, ban, or removal of your chat.

- Members should be respectful to others. Flaming, harassing, or abusing users will not be tolerated and will result in a warning, ban, or removal of your chat.

- Do not connect to the Everybody Edits server with any client that disturbs or impedes on other user's game play.

- Drawing, creating, or sending messages containing offensive or explicit images/material is strictly forbidden. This will result in a ban.

- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstances. This includes advertising websites and flooding the chat. This will result in a warning, ban, or removal of your chat.

- Mutings, kicks, bans, and warnings will not be discussed with a third party. All situations as such are to remain private at the issued user's discretion.

- All bans, kicks, mutes, or any other disciplinary actions are made at the discretion of the Everybody Edits staff.

- The Everybody Edits staff reserves the right to edit or remove any content that is drawn or created.

- The Everybody Edits staff reserves the right to remove bans that were put in place.

- The Everybody Edits staff reserves the right to edit this rule list at any time.

much easier to look at, don't you think?

791mAP8.png

#4 2015-02-20 01:09:25

gkaby
Website

If we cannot share our email how do we add people? Do we need to get a temporary email?

idk

#5 2015-02-20 01:35:19

Anak

gkaby wrote:

If we cannot share our email how do we add people? Do we need to get a temporary email?

That might refer to an email with your full name in it or something like that, but I don't know.
If you play on Kongegrate you could just whisper the email to someone. Otherwise, I have no idea.

#6 2015-02-20 02:47:28

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

No, I assumed you guys would know you could share your email to add people. I'll revise it.

#7 2015-02-20 04:28:12

SPT

JaWapa wrote:

- Do not use offensive language, or try to evade word censors, this will result in a warning, ban, or removal of your chat.

IVRz2zs.png
guardians already broke rules
look at the title

#8 2015-02-20 04:40:00

Abelysk

Awzome wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/IVRz2zs.png
look at the title

Itsmeandersonlol copyright violation!

#9 2015-02-20 05:02:02

Master1

JaWapa wrote:

I updated the rules to be a clearer, and to take away/add a few things.

View them here

Rules
- Never share email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, or other personal information of yourself or others. This will result in a ban.
- Members should be respectful to others. Flaming, harassing, or abusing users will not be tolerated and will result in a warning, ban, or removal of your chat.
- Do not connect to the Everybody Edits server with any client that disturbs or impedes on other user's game play.
- Drawing, creating, or sending messages containing offensive or explicit images/material is strictly forbidden. This will result in a ban.
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstances. This includes advertising websites and flooding the chat. This will result in a warning, ban, or removal of your chat.
- Mutings, kicks, bans, and warnings will not be discussed with a third party. All situations as such are to remain private at the issued user's discretion.
- All bans, kicks, mutes, or any other disciplinary actions are made at the discretion of the Everybody Edits staff.
- The Everybody Edits staff reserves the right to edit or remove any content that is drawn or created.
- The Everybody Edits staff reserves the right to remove bans that were put in place.
- The Everybody Edits staff reserves the right to edit this rule list at any time.

As part of the Everybody Edits staff, I would like to edit the rule list at this time and remove rule #2 for being unclear for the following reasons:

1. What exactly is considered offensive language? I believe that pretty much any word could be "offensive" if used in an "offensive way". Also, does this mean any word can get you a warning, ban, or removal of your chat? If so, that's just plain dumb. I'd hate to say "god this level is fun" and then be banned because I said "god" and someone got offended.

2. Another unclear thing about this rule, is the part about evading censors. Am I not allowed to say preteen, screw, Hiroshima, Nazi, and Hitler?
Having the possibility of being banned for saying, "I'm not a teenager yet, just a pre-teen" is stupid. Speaking of evading censors, honestly, has anyone NOT evaded a censor at some point? Having us ban users for censor evasion when we do it ourselves is hypocritical.

3. Going back to #1, what makes a word bad. I mean, it's just a word. Just like every other word that has ever existed. Nothing more. I find it really funny that "poop" and the "S word" have the exact same meaning, yet one is more accepted than the other. Words are dumb - Censors are dumb.
-----------------------------------------------------------
That being said, if there isn't a rule change, I will still refuse to ban anybody for saying a few simple words, unless of course, they break rule #3 while doing so.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#10 2015-02-20 06:22:52

Onjit
Website

As long as it doesn't try to ban trolling //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

:.|:;

#11 2015-02-20 06:39:48, last edited by gkaby (2015-02-20 06:42:11)

gkaby
Website

I don't know why there is a extreme anti-curse word thing in society.

Though the game is targeted towards all ages if anything, and parents usually do not want children playing a game that has mature content. iirc having the f word in a movie more than 3 times or something automatically makes it have a rating of R.

Also

m1 I feel like the reasoning behind words like screw and preteen is the same as the reasoning behind the word gay.

the intent seems to be to prevent the possibility of people making fun of each other, and despite those words not always being used as offensive words, I assume they are often used to offend people, at least on ee, and have therefore been restricted.

I have heard before about something needing to be done to restrict offensive words in other languages such as spanish. I believe the idea was introduced by zeldaxd on the previous forums.
My mother and I have been insulted many times in spanish whilst playing ee.

idk

#12 2015-02-20 06:48:32

Fradeshan

Awzome wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/IVRz2zs.png
look at the title

how did you get coins

dogeman: OH GOD THIS IS WORSER THAN A MASH POTATO

#13 2015-02-20 06:49:45

gkaby
Website

To me it looks like Awzome lost coins.

idk

#14 2015-02-20 15:05:36

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Rule #2 will remain.  We are trying to keep the chat clean.  I will admit that there are some very weird word censors. But as GKA said, they are there to keep  people from having the possibility to use them in a negative, or abusive way.

This game is meant for people of all ages.  The rules are there to protect people.

I feel like the censor thing is pushed harshly on the game.  I guess the evading censor thing is the biggest part.  The game catches a lot of offensive words, but people will evade them anyway.

@Fradeshan - that was something I was messing with.

#15 2015-02-20 16:57:07

daneeko

Jawapa how did you put that picture that it will be in the end of your comments i mean, EVERY END!

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

UzI5nBc.png

#16 2015-02-20 17:04:48

Different55
Forum Admin

If you want to ask someone something, send it to them in a Private Message instead of interrupting the conversation he's in. You can send a private message by clicking the PM under their name.

To answer your question, his image is called a signature. You can set a signature by going to your profile and clicking Personality. You can type whatever you want into the text box in there and it will be displayed under all of your posts.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#17 2015-02-20 17:06:36, last edited by daneeko (2015-02-20 17:13:57)

daneeko

Different55 wrote:

If you want to ask someone something, send it to them in a Private Message instead of interrupting the conversation he's in. You can send a private message by clicking the PM under their name.

To answer your question, his image is called a signature. You can set a signature by going to your profile and clicking Personality. You can type whatever you want into the text box in there and it will be displayed under all of your posts.

wow i only realized now that PM stands for Private Massage.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
and thanks //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

EDIT: how to upload a picture/animation (like ONJIT did) to it?

UzI5nBc.png

#18 2015-02-20 17:11:55

SPT

what have i done
also i didnt take the screenshot

#19 2015-02-20 17:22:13, last edited by mrjawapa (2015-02-20 17:24:40)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

First rule was revised

#20 2015-02-20 17:26:50

Different55
Forum Admin

Daneeko wrote:
Different55 wrote:

wow i only realized now that PM stands for Private Massage.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
and thanks //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

EDIT: how to upload a picture/animation (like ONJIT did) to it?

Please ask your questions in a new topic. This one is for discussion the new rules on EE, not for discussing how to use the forums.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#21 2015-02-21 12:25:58

Bloodpuff

I know I don't have much of a say in this, but I wanted to voice my opinion

First I want to ask something about rule 2:
Excluding offensive language used to disrespect someone (which would be against rule 3), what is the serious problem with offensive language? Are children being negatively affected?
if so, how many complaints have the administrators received from parents/guardians that their children heard 'offensive language'?

if it's a serious problem that's restricting EE's growth, then I completely understand why warnings should be put in place for breaking rule #2. But if it's not actually causing major problems for EE and its community, then I think bans and chat removal is a little too far.
The idea of offensive language is really based on perspective, some people could find things more offensive than others do, and that creates a problem. Where do we draw the line?
Master1 has a lot of solid points that I completely follow, being rude and disrespectful to others is something that shouldn't be done in general, but going far enough as to ban people for saying a swear or offensive word is just too much. (In my opinion)

1 2 3 4 <- my favorite bad music

#22 2015-02-21 16:36:32

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

We get so many reports about people swearing.  I would say about half of them are for that.

It's mostly just to prevent people from swearing at others, but it prevents all problems by telling everyone not to swear for any reason.  No has ever been banned for swearing, or had their chat removed.

#23 2015-02-21 20:06:21

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

to specify these rules are for the contest right?

#24 2015-02-21 20:15:27

Anch

No these are rules for the game in general.

#25 2015-03-11 23:56:26

lolwtfbbq

Kaleb123 wrote:

to specify these rules are for the contest right?

Pffft...

noob123: >.< WHY DID YOU GIVE HIM EDIT!!!!
someone: he is a mod, he can have edit in all worlds.
noob123: wow! i want to become a mod!

skullz171440064998532381

Board footer