Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

FruitMonster2

Re: Some people + the gay word.

You seriously DON'T realize what you did wrong? I'm not going to tell you because Zoey pretty much did, but just wow... I'm ashamed to even know you atm... o.o

#27 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

THIS TOPIC IS SO GAY.
GAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAY

Yep, this topic is so happy right now.
I do actually find it offensive to homos when people use the term gay as "stupid" or "dumb". It's nonsense people would actually do that in the first place. Just say "stupid" or "dumb", not gay.

#28 Before February 2015

progirl

Pawlowic wrote:

I have nothing Against gay people,but some people might be offended because you used the Word "Gay" As something bad. Because the update was bad,you sead the update was gay.

So yeah,thats what i think.

i also have nothing against gay people...

i believe you were just saying you didnt like the new update.
i agree if thats what you ment. i like the old version of
EE. like no chat, beta, spawns, all that stuff. and the
update is toooo bright in worlds if people just use the bright
kind of background bricks..
MEH..

BTW: TrappedTime: ........wtf no need to spam...

#29 Before February 2015

Twipply

What you said had nothing to do with gay people.   People need to quit **** and gtfo 'cus Google and I have your back.

Last edited by Twipply (Aug 1 2011 8:37:44 am)

#30 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

JadElClemens wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

You're using gay in a negative connotation, which is the problem.

Supadorf24 wrote:

The problem is that you're using gay as a synonym of stupid.

These. I don't regret my -rep to you one bit.

Exactly 100% THIS.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#31 Before February 2015

Twipply

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

Exactly 100% THIS.

Strange that people don't like him using words correctly.

#32 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

????   How is using gay as stupid using it "correctly"?

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#33 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Twipply wrote:

What you said had nothing to do with gay people.   People need to quit **** and gtfo 'cus Google and I have your back.

Google Dictionary isn't a real dictionary. This is, and I don't see anything about "stupid" in there. The reason Google Dictionary says "gay" means "stupid" is because "gay" meaning "stupid" is becoming a popular usage of the word "gay". "Stupid" isn't the real definition of "gay" just because Google says so.

I can't tell if you're trolling or not.

#34 Before February 2015

Twipply

That's a lot of quotation marks.

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

????   How is using gay as stupid using it "correctly"?

He didn't use gay as stupid, he used gay as gay which happens to have overlapping meaning with stupid.

Supadorf24 wrote:

Google Dictionary isn't a real dictionary.

Why not?   I can see and even hear it, that seems pretty real to me, it even has word definitions in it.   Why is your dictionary any more valid than Google's anyway?   I guess this definition is fine, too.   The update was pretty unimpressive and so, it was gay.

Supdaford42 wrote:

The reason Google Dictionary says "gay" means "stupid" is because "gay" meaning "stupid" is becoming a popular usage of the word "gay". "Stupid" isn't the real definition of "gay" just because Google says so.

You might've just described one of the ways that languages evolve.   Words come and go, and their meanings can change.   Whether the way in which he used it is officially a part of the English language or not, it's still quite valid.

Superdoof44 wrote:

I can't tell if you're trolling or not.

Certainly not.

#35 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Just because some ignorant people use words in an incorrect way, doesn't make their usage the correct definition.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#36 Before February 2015

Twipply

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

Just because some ignorant people use words in an incorrect way, doesn't make their usage the correct definition.

Dictionaries are there to record the words of our language and their meanings.   When a fairly large percentage of people use a word a specific way, it is the dictionary's role to add that to its collection.

Our dictionary does not define our language, our language defines our dictionary.

#37 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Even if Google says gay=stupid, how do you think it got that way?

The word "gay" originally meant "happy", yes?

Then, people saw that homosexual people act "gay", which lead to homosexuals being labeled "a gay person"

Some disagree with being gay, and purposely try to offend gay people. This can be done several ways.
Violence
Verbal bullying
       Name calling
       Using their label to describe unattractive things

For example, say you hate Jewish people. This is just an example, don't get angry; you hate Jewish people. When you're
              in a situation cause by a specific item, you call it "Jewish", which I've heard used quite a bit. "I can't ride my bike, it's
              being a Jew," or, "Stop being so Jewish and give me my stuff!". Your use of "Jew" as a negative adjective is caused by
              your hatred of Jews.

The point is, "gay" meaning "stupid" didn't come out of nowhere, it came out of hatred toward homosexuals. This makes Google foolish, in my opinion, for saying 'gay' means 'stupid'.

[/topic]

Last edited by Tako (Aug 2 2011 10:32:53 am)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Wezza 1423638258323174

Board footer