Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Zeal

generic avatars.

I think their should be generic avatars of all 12 choices of smileys for those who can't upload actual pictures as an avatar.

#2 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Re: generic avatars.

Good idea! I'll see if I can make some suggestions. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#3 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Hmm, this is actually a nice idea - I'll see what Cyclone can do.

Although I'd suggest only the first 6 smilies since they are original and classic.

#4 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Here's my take on the default avatars. better than nothing, eh?

smile.gif
happyw.gif
tongueg.gif
cute.gif
grumpyi.gif
sadface.gif

#5 Before February 2015

J&B+T

I think those are pretty good avatars.

#6 Before February 2015

Cola1

awesome; sounds great!

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#7 Before February 2015

Ciro

smileym.png

What about this style? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Last edited by Ciro (Oct 20 2010 9:23:14 am)

#8 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Not possible to have defaults, sorry

#9 Before February 2015

I Like This Game2

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#10 Before February 2015

Flare

Why is it that FluxBB is limited to such little options, and why is it that you chose FluxBB for Forumify? Seriously, we could have much more features if we had other things to power the forums, which could mean more appeal, which could mean more members, which could mean more revenue and Everybody Edits players AND Forumify users.

#11 Before February 2015

Alex

Flare wrote:

Why is it that FluxBB is limited to such little options, and why is it that you chose FluxBB for Forumify? Seriously, we could have much more features if we had other things to power the forums, which could mean more appeal, which could mean more members, which could mean more revenue and Everybody Edits players AND Forumify users.

As much as I'm not a huge fan of fluxbb, I doubt it would make much of a difference. Since the only place Fluxbb's limitations come is after registration. :s

Flux is rather lightweight, so it makes a lot of sense for a 'host your own forum!' website to use, but I think Chris has the web space to host a forum onsite with full features, rather than a free forum, but that's just my thoughts.

#12 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

FluxBB is lightweight and has enough basic functionality. I added many plugins already.

Alex, define "full features", do you mean a forum software like phpbb? PhpBB is bloated imho, and I've never been a fan of it. Difficult to configure, difficult to moderate.

#13 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Oh, and if you didn't notice, this is a "fan forum".

#14 Before February 2015

Flare

When I first posted; I didn't see Ciro's post. I like his default avatar suggestion better than RPGMaster's; it's more plain and sleek; but RPGMaster's was nice too; maybe for a more 'colorful' EE Fan Forum.

#15 Before February 2015

I Like This Game2

Flare wrote:

Because it's free!

#16 Before February 2015

Alex

I Like This Game2 wrote:
Flare wrote:

Because it's free!

So are:
BBpress, Vanilla, SMF, phpbb, mybb, Punbb, Quicksilver, Simpleboard, Invisionfree, and many others.

#17 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Fluxbb is a fork of punbb, it's highly redundant to list it too alex.

BBpress has an abnormal format, SMF has too many bbcodes (Formatting is nice when done right, but is it REALLY necessary to give access to [scroll]?)

Phpbb is a bit bloated, the admin panel is not very user-friendly. Mybb would be my second choice if I had to make another type of forum host.

Never heard of quicksilver or simpleboard. IPB is not bad, but it's proprietary and invisionfree is quite meh.

#18 Before February 2015

Alex

(Yay for liking mybb, my favorite forum to use, hands down)

I wasn't asserting they were better, as much as his argument is invalid, because there is forum software with the features being complained about.

#19 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

I really did search around until I found a type of forum software that I felt would be best to start a host with.

Zeal 1423699652261780

Board footer