Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Re: It's hilarious that you wonder why Chris doesn't visit the forums.

Are you really under the impression he doesn't care about money?

He is human, right?

And you know, there is a possibility (and quite a large one, might I add) that he isn't smart enough to know that.

Last edited by Tako (Dec 4 2011 10:13:01 am)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#27 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

I'm under the impression that he doesn't care about earnings from this game.

He does have a full-time job, right?

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#28 Before February 2015

treejoe4

32OrtonEdge32dh, you have no idea what you are talking about. No money=no game

#29 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Since when is the only indication of caring about profits been to visit the forums? I can care about profits and ignore people too.

It's really easy, to be frank. Just sit back and let people throw money at you. That's what I think Chris does, except he occasionally does something.

Last edited by Tako (Dec 4 2011 10:18:02 am)

#30 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

He doesn't communicate with us.   At all.   And he has a job, this game nets him maybe a couple thousand a year.

Plus, bad decisions don't harm him at all.   When one veteran leaves, ten newbs step in.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#31 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

That's nice, but can you respond to my post?

Last edited by Tako (Dec 4 2011 10:36:11 am)

#32 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

I never said that visiting the forums is the ONLY indication, I'm just saying that this is where a huge chunk of the community is.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#33 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Chris doesn't visit the forums because he's not intelligent enough to realize that his moves affect thousands of people and that he needs to talk with us before he makes big decisions. He simply views it as a waste of time because of it's immediate consequences.

With your theory, his brain must be messed up. He is presented with three options:

1) Ask them if it's okay to make a horrible update, so I can prevent quite a few thousand people from being upset with me and instead make updates that everyone loves.

2) Ignore them so I can keep my social esteem.

3) Ignore them because it's a waste of time.

Why would he choose option 2 above option 3 and 1?

He's foolish. Period.

Not us. Him. Even if we do damage his precious social esteem.

Last edited by Tako (Dec 4 2011 10:37:09 am)

#34 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Dude.   He doesn't care if it affects thousands, because IT'S NOT THEIR GAME.   It's not even 1.0 yet!   Good god.   He doesn't need to talk to anyone, because it's not their game.   It's Chris' hobby.   If you were making a Lego sculpture, would you really care what thousands of screaming people thought of it?   No!   It's your sculpture, you make it how YOU want and that's all that matters.  
IT.
IS.
HIS.
GAME.
Period.   Why should he care what happens to you?

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#35 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

If you were paid to make a lego sculpture you would care right?

#36 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

But he doesn't get paid TO make it.   He gets paid for what he made (past tense), and people will buy it, no matter how good or bad it it.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#37 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

You know what? I'm going to email Chris and politely ask him why he doesn't visit the forums.

I doubt he'll say "because they're rude to me", but if you're so persistent...

Anway, I don't think he's as careless as you make him out to be. According to you, he doesn't care about money, he doesn't care about the amount of players, and he doesn't care about what we think. Explain your proof on that, please. Why do you think so. And please take into consideration reality, as it is a contributing factor. Think really hard about that, don't just say the first snap that comes to your mind.

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

Dude.   He doesn't care if it affects thousands, because IT'S NOT THEIR GAME.

So why did he make the forums. Why did he make the game in the first place. Why did he even publish it.

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

It's not even 1.0 yet!   Good god.

All the more reason to treat the development with uttermost care.

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

He doesn't need to talk to anyone, because it's not their game.

What great reasoning. I'm a zoo owner. I don't need to talk to my visitors because it's not their zoo!

wut

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

It's Chris' hobby.

That he spends so much of his time and literal energy on, published, and receives thousands of dollars a year for. And who cares if he's casual about it, that doesn't change anything. It's still a popular game, and he still needs to listen to the people who use it.

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

If you were making a Lego sculpture, would you really care what thousands of screaming people thought of it?   No!   It's your sculpture, you make it how YOU want and that's all that matters.

Well if people came to see it and paid me money if they thought it was good, then yes, I would care.

It's not as simple as "he has a vision, and we're too focused on individual moves to realize the big picture". We're not only helping him realize his big picture, we're also helping him prevent making mistakes.

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

IT.
IS.
HIS.
GAME.

Because he has a soul and he cares if a single move ruins the game for so many people.

Last edited by Tako (Dec 4 2011 11:48:09 am)

#38 Before February 2015

Nou

3232OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

He doesn't communicate with us.   At all.   And he has a job, this game nets him maybe a couple thousand a year.

Plus, bad decisions don't harm him at all.   When one veteran leaves, ten newbs step in.

Actually he earns about $100.000 a year with it, as shown in his presentation at Flash Gaming Summit. At that point it's not a hobby anymore, it's a business.

TakoMan02 wrote:

Chris doesn't visit the forums because he's not intelligent enough to realize that his moves affect thousands of people and that he needs to talk with us before he makes big decisions. He simply views it as a waste of time because of it's immediate consequences.

It's not necessarily the amount. There was a time where Chris would hang around in our IRC channel and we gave lots of ideas and feedback, but the only thing he changed were some minor physics changes because they were screwed almost beyond repair.

As I said before, even when you do get the chance to talk to him, as RPGMaster has and we used to have, you will still be ignored because Chris is stubborn. Just look at the competition, everyone said it'd go horribly wrong, RPG told this to Chris as well, but he still went on with his choice despite everyone saying not to do it. I was actually VERY surprised he allowed for RPG to use our results as well, probably a once in a lifetime thing when we look at the amount of important things he has ignored before.

I honestly find it astonishing how little someone can care and how stubborn one can be.

No u.

#39 Before February 2015

RavaTroll

Also, Chris isn't a 15yo kid. He's a grown up man, and if he never had critics about him, well, I really pity him them, this would mean no one was honnest with him. That would be sad.
And if he can't take critics, he sould just delete the forums.

IT.
IS.
HIS.
GAME.

lol
So, what about the time i INVESTED in this game that could have be used in many other things ? It doesn't count ? What about the feelings I have about this game ? It doesn't count either ? What about the fact that I actually loved this game and, as nou said, I care maybe too much about it ? ( past tense too )

Also, you never answered any of my arguments in the thread you used in the first post, you just answered ONE argument. And I even ask you your thoughts and you just ignored this question, saying "I feel saddened by the text wall party I have started.".
Did you even read the "text wall party" ?

I really feel that you don't care about others arguments and just repeat the same one over and over again, where Persona really was a nice person and actually answered me very well, he/she even gave me a new perspective, and that is just priceless. I should +rep him/her btw.

And come, ofc he care about the money he makes in this game. That's why he add buyable smileys and bricks. Look at his website, there are a lot of pograms he coded with their source-code. If he really didn't care, EE would be completly free - with add to pay for the server - and the code would perhaps be open-source.

About your first post :

2. The whiners (pre-update)
These are very common, the ones that go "OMG!   We haven't had an update in over [insert time period here]!   Chris needs to get off his lazy **** and work!"   First of all, Chris has a job, and a life.   This is just a hobby that he does on the side.   Second, you're lucky he EVER updates the game!   Most Flash games are lucky to get one update ever.   Which brings us to the third group...

Ok, so, why do the poors that eat once a day want more food ? It could be worse, they could have no food at all ! They have to stop complaining ! ( Using the same logic. Sound silly right ? ) It's not because things could be worse that you can't expect them to be good/better. You may be a bit too young to understand that though.
When you'll get your first job and after working nicely for the company you'll want more money, I wonder how you'll react when your boss will say : "Oh, come on, you could have no money, I'm nice enough to already pay you 10% of what I get every month."
Come on, listen to yourself. It doesn't make sense at all.

3. The whiners (post-update)
These are the most common.   This doesn't count people who report bugs, of course.   This is the "OMG!   Chris just ruined my art!" or "Chris ruined my minigames!"   It's not YOUR art, it's not YOUR minigames.   In the grand scheme of things, it's all Chris'.   He could take this game down tomorrow if he wanted, and you could do NOTHING about it.

lol again. You're so funny. Are you trolling or something ? Because this is even worse than the previous argument.
It's MY art and it's MY minigames because I designed them, because I CREATED them, because I BUILDED them, because I use MY OWN skills to make them. Chris gave me A TOOL to do it.
So, using your way of thinking, i'm not talking to you, but I'm talking to the company who designed your keyboard ? I'm talking to the compagny who coded your web-browser ? Who is talking right now ? Me ? Logitech ? Mozilla ? HP? What the frak is going on ? Am I still me ? It doesn't make sense at all !

Last edited by RavaTroll (Dec 4 2011 1:41:48 pm)

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#40 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

He doesn't communicate with us.   At all.

LOL BLOG

TakoMan02 wrote:

So why did he make the forums.

He didn't.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#41 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

JadElClemens wrote:
32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

LOL BLOG

TakoMan02 wrote:

He didn't.

You know what I mean. He asked Cyclone to, or he asked RPG and RPG asked Cyclone to make it.

#42 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

TakoMan02 wrote:
JadElClemens wrote:
32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

LOL BLOG

TakoMan02 wrote:

He didn't.

You know what I mean. He asked Cyclone to, or he asked RPG and RPG asked Cyclone to make it.

You know, I really don't think Chris had much of a part in the forums at all.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#43 Before February 2015

Bash

TakoMan02 wrote:
JadElClemens wrote:
32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

LOL BLOG

TakoMan02 wrote:

He didn't.

99% sure that Cyclone created them, and then Chris adopted them.

Just had to clear that up, I really have nothing else of value to add.

This post sums up what I think: http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?pid=275554#p275554

#44 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

TakoMan02 wrote:
JadElClemens wrote:
32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

LOL BLOG

TakoMan02 wrote:

He didn't.

um
wat
That second statement
wat
WHAT
/facepalm
I'm sorry, but that's just... lol.
Someone doesn't know their forum history. RPG was found and became an admin through the forums.

Bass is right. Cyclone created the forums, hell, he created forumify, and then Chris put the link on the site.

Chris doesn't come on the forums because he thinks we are all idiots and because there's a bunch of idiotic suggestions for the game, in his eyes.
And perhaps the fact that he can't take criticism. Or, you know, he thinks that a lot of twelve year olds have no idea what they're talking about. Which I agree with.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#45 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Based on what I know, Chris doesn't come to the forums because EE is a side project, that he doesn't care about as much as one of his bigger projects.

#46 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

um
wat
That second statement
wat
WHAT
/facepalm
I'm sorry, but that's just... lol.
Someone doesn't know their forum history. RPG was found and became an admin through the forums.

Bass is right. Cyclone created the forums, hell, he created forumify, and then Chris put the link on the site.

Oh. Well I guess Cyclone is more of a fanboy than I thought. He didn't strike me as a "omg I love this game so much I'll make a forum for it!" kind of person.

I know Cyclone created forumify, and I also knew that RPG was found here, but I didn't remember //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Anyway, it seems more logical that Chris would make the forum for his own game, but like I said, Cyclone must be more of a fanboy than I thought.

Last edited by Tako (Dec 4 2011 7:37:48 pm)

#47 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

TakoMan02 wrote:

Oh. Well I guess Cyclone is more of a fanboy than I thought. He didn't strike me as a "omg I love this game so much I'll make a forum for it!" kind of person.

Maybe he is? Was he a mod before he created the forum?

#48 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

No idea.

#49 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:
Fiendish Llama wrote:
32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

blah

1. The noobs
blah

2. The whiners (pre-update)
blah

3. The whiners (post-update)
These are the most common.   This doesn't count people who report bugs, of course.   This is the "OMG!   Chris just ruined my art!" or "Chris ruined my minigames!"   It's not YOUR art, it's not YOUR minigames.   In the grand scheme of things, it's all Chris's.   He could take this game down tomorrow if he wanted, and you could do NOTHING about it.

tl;dr: Chris left because you whine too much.

Fixed your grammar.

You said Chris' which implies that the game belongs to more than one Chri.

No, you DON'T add a second s after the ', it's a grammar thing.   Perhaps you're from Britain?   Pretty much the only place that they still do that, as far as research tells me.

He's right though. I read a reliable source, saying this.

Examples:

Mr. Jones's golf clubs
Texas's weather
Ms. Straus's daughter
Jose Sanchez's artwork
Dr. Hastings's appointment (name is Hastings)
Mrs. Lees's books (name is Lees)
Rule 4:
To show plural possession, make the noun plural first. Then immediately use the apostrophe.

Examples:
two boys' hats
two women's hats
two actresses' hats
two children's hats
the Changs' house
the Joneses' golf clubs
the Strauses' daughter
the Sanchezes' artwork
the Hastingses' appointment
the Leeses' books

Last edited by Krazyman50 (Dec 4 2011 8:10:37 pm)

#50 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Cyclone WAS a mod before the forums. Cyc is like the first real mod, I think, he didn't have the commands the mods do now, u kno. More code-y-ish.

And personally, Cyclone making this forum was a really good idea. Not only does forumify get huge amounts of traffic as a whole from this one forum (which is the most active, by the way) but he's also getting a ton of money from the ads. So Cyclone probably made it for the good of EE (getting suggestions out, etc) and so he can go buy a brand new car or something.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

32OrtonEdge32dh1423707558253874

Board footer