Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Re: Some ideas for the ban system

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:
Shift wrote:
calculusguy wrote:

So, most people know I was banned.

You give yourself way too much credit.
Well, its basicly under my username.
I assume you mean rep? You know, that imaginary little thing that shows noobs you're one of them?

To be fair, I think that he meant that his title changed to Banned.

Here's the OP, with all complaints removed and fixed for clarity:

A better ban would be:
*user1 gets banned on 9/1*
<The ban would end at the end of 9/1, or if it was almost the end of the day, it would end on 9/2. This is a better "2 day ban".>
The ban message would say something like this:

Due to your triple post here, you have been warned and banned for one day. Please read the rules.

The rules would not get blocked by the ban.

If the ban was for a message or rep, the message would display the message or rep. Example:
Due to your flaming in a -rep, you have been warned and banned for 1 day. Please read the rules.
The rep you gave:

blahblahnoobblahblah

Or, if Person A gets warned for a PM, this is what a better ban message would be:
Due to your flaming in a PM, you have been warned and banned for 1 day. Please read the rules.
Your PM:

blahblahyousuckblahblah

And the ban would end at the end of the day.

This. But I didn't really have complaints, just questions that I wanted the ban system to improve on. And its pretty obvious when someones banned, don't you think?

#27 Before February 2015

ani

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile you can't detect sarcasm, how cute //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
btw I totally agree with you on this topic

ヽ(•‿•)ノ    ❤ ♬ ✩    t u t u r u !~    ✧☁ ☂    ヽ(•‿•)ノ

#28 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Although i'm still looking for the post I was banned for.

#29 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

calculusguy wrote:

Although i'm still looking for the post I was banned for.

Who's to say maybe it wasn't a post you were banned for?

Last edited by Kingpooultra (Dec 24 2011 7:11:06 pm)

#30 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Fine. I'm still looking for the... Wait, what do you call it? Message. I'm still looking for the message I was banned for, whether it was a post, PM, or rep.

#31 Before February 2015

calculusguy

calculusguy wrote:

Fine. I'm still looking for the... Wait, what do you call it? Message. I'm still looking for the message I was banned for, whether it was a post, PM, or rep.

Bump... If you don't tell us why we were warned, we might forget and do it again.

#32 Before February 2015

Master1

^If you read the rules, how could you forget? You can always go and re-read them. You don't HAVE to know exactly what you did wrong. As long as you read and understand the rules, you won't do it again.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

calculusguy 1423707760253672

Board footer