Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Re: Stop being so lenient to the newbys.

The current system is basicly this right now (with 1 "warn" before real warn):

A. One warn can be removed when you have 2, but only once.
B. 4 warnings - day ban
C. 5 warnings - week ban
D. 6 warnings - month ban
E. 7 warnings - permanent ban

So this "system" of being lenient is just moving the rules and warning removals up by 1.

#27 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

i don't know one of the mods who follows that.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#28 Before February 2015

Shift

If the mods weren't lenient towards the newbs, then everyone here (absolutely no exclusions) would have at least one warning. What's the point of that?

#29 Before February 2015

calculusguy

@Different
I mean, you not giving a warning is just moving the rules back 1 warn. Example:
Normally, 3 warnings - day ban.
But, since you don't really give the newby the first warn, he has "one warn" (when he really has 0).
Then, he gets 3 more warnings. His "first warn" plus these 3 warns is basicly 4, where he really has 3.
This means he gets a one day ban. However, this "would be" his 4th warn, had you warned him the first time.
Tl;dr: You're shifting the rules back 1 warn.

@Shift
Had I not "flamed", I would probably still have 0 warns, even if mods weren't lenient.
Edit: Why didn't I get a "read the rules, warn next time" for my first warn?

Last edited by calculusguy (Dec 26 2011 4:55:33 pm)

#30 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

The first time I broke a rule was when I had six posts and it was for double posting *cough*Different55*cough*. So, they aren't as lenient as you think.

Last edited by Kingpooultra (Dec 26 2011 5:09:57 pm)

#31 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Well, I meant being lenient to some people. I didn't know about the people who got warned on post 6.

#32 Before February 2015

Monstar43

And can you elaborate whom those people are?

#33 Before February 2015

Bash

If I gave a warning every time someone broke the rules, this thread wouldn't have been made.

Calculusguy, you would have been permabanned...so you couldn't make a thread.   'Nuff said?

Also, Calc...you have a fourth warning for being Off-topic somewhere, want to serve that ban now or have some leniency applied?   As you basically said, newbies are at the same level as everyone else.

Clarification Edit: That user mentioned in the first post has a warning for spam, even with only a single post.   Warnings aren't always said in posts, we use Private Messages too.

Last edited by bass5098 (Dec 26 2011 9:38:28 pm)

#34 Before February 2015

Master1

It seems to me that you are going on about how new people should read the rules when you don't? Sure you say you read them, but how would you already have 3 warnings if you did.

The mods let the 1st mess up go by usually. They don't want to scare new users off when they 1st join. I think your the only one here that has a problem with that.

The mods are just trying to be nice, do you really want them to be mean? and start handing out warnings left and right?

Your complaints are hilarious to me. All of them so far that I've seen are pointless nonsense. (sorry if that sounds mean but it's true :>)

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#35 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

calculusguy wrote:

Edit: Why didn't I get a "read the rules, warn next time" for my first warn?

Because of this post

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

calculusguy 1423707825253607

Board footer