Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Re: Forum Raids

Awesome I missed it so my parents don't kick me off of this forum //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

I lol'd when I saw this:
9EMdr.png

I hope he doesn't attack again or else my parents might see stuff that should not be seen by me

aka towwl

#27 Before February 2015

BEE

Tako, your idea about people being unable to post when a mod is not online is like proclaiming people guilty before proven innocent.

My question is the same as the first page, what is going to be done to help fix this problem?

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#28 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

i know what to do. 4chan has a block on it that dosent let anyone post from a proxy site. if we go to the list of proxy sites, we can ban each proxy and not let people make too many accounts.

#29 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

BEE wrote:

Tako, your idea about people being unable to post when a mod is not online is like proclaiming people guilty before proven innocent.

I don't see any problems with "guilty until proven innocent".

I'd rather hold my comments for 10-20 minutes then look at more of those pictures.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#30 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

maybe we could have a few people that look like mods and have a green name, but arent really moderators. making people think that there are moderators might detract them from trolling.

#31 Before February 2015

Zalgryth

Brawler700 wrote:

maybe we could have a few people that look like mods and have a green name, but arent really moderators. making people think that there are moderators might detract them from trolling.

I don't think they care whether mods are on or not. And besides, wouldn't that be confusing to regular users?

#32 Before February 2015

EEguy

Good for me, I missed the raid. But I'm curious, I want to know what the pics were.
OT: I support the idea of having mods that can only hide posts and the 1 post per minute limit.

#33 Before February 2015

Echo!

^ Umm no you don't, Unless you wanna be ill.

#34 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

TakoMan02 wrote:
BEE wrote:

I'd rather hold my comments for 10-20 minutes then look at more of those pictures.

Guilty untill proven innocent wouldnt work with the death penalty, because then everyone would practically die.

This isn't a good idea, when there are many possibilites to fix it.

#35 Before February 2015

coolio

D-rock2308 wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:
BEE wrote:

Guilty untill proven innocent wouldnt work with the death penalty, because then everyone would practically die.

This isn't a good idea, when there are many possibilites to fix it.

Really? Honestly, just let people post what they want at their own discretion. If they decide to abuse it, let them raid the forums. That's their fault for not being trusworthy.

My idea: Let people only post pics in the bugs section. (So people can see the problem)
The first 100 posts of a forum user cannot include pics.
Until a person has reached 50 posts their sig cannot contain pics.

Luckily, I've never seen a raid //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#36 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Three words: Jakery's flag idea

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#37 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

I think his idea is great, but at the same time, I don't want to go around looking for this crap when a raid is going on.

#38 Before February 2015

Zalgryth

TakoMan02 wrote:

I think his idea is great, but at the same time, I don't want to go around looking for this crap when a raid is going on.

It's not about looking for it, it's about stumbling onto something and "reporting" it.

And I wouldn't mind looking for them to flag since I am completely unaffected by shock images. :3

#39 Before February 2015

Echo!

JadElClemens wrote:

Three words: Jakery's flag idea

Where? Wherrre!?

#40 Before February 2015

coolio

Hmm.. given it some thought, torn between jakery's and my own idea:
(substitute for tako's idea) Instead of not being able to post on the forums, not being able to view pics when a mod/admin isn't on. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#41 Before February 2015

Violetrose

My idea is that there be a picture moderator, who will moderate the picture being posted. A few of those would probably lessen the amount of raids.

#42 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

coolio wrote:

Hmm.. given it some thought, torn between jakery's and my own idea:
(substitute for tako's idea) Instead of not being able to post on the forums, not being able to view pics when a mod/admin isn't on. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

YES.

You cannot view pictures when all mods are offline. But that's not the reason I came here at all.

I don't know why this hasn't occurred to me and someone hasn't suggested it yet: an "ignore" button. Just ignore the user the first time you see it. If you ignore a user, all of his posts are deleted from your eyes.

If for some reason you decide to un-ignore him, the posts would come back up.

#43 Before February 2015

EDJ

^That would be extremely annoying, 1st idea
second could work but then you would still see it the first time and it is personal

An idea might be that new users should have their x first posts approved by a mod/trusted person

#44 Before February 2015

Panic

EDJ wrote:

second could work but then you would still see it the first time and it is personal

An idea might be that new users should have their x first posts approved by a mod/trusted person

Also, maybe have the time between posts for new people extended to some long time until they're 'approved'.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#45 Before February 2015

Silverheart

i'm just glad my sister told me to scroll past quickly and was on first. so i missed most of it.

#46 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

EDJ wrote:

That sounds like a lot of work for something that can easily be corrupted.

#47 Before February 2015

EDJ

Howso

#48 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

There are quite a few new users a week, and you're saying we need to moderate all their posts until we decide they're safe. Someone can easily act like a good guy for a few days and turn bad.

Lrn2spongebobmanrayepisode

#49 Before February 2015

Rurigok

But in the time they cannot post, it gives us time to verify them, make sure they arent using proxies, etc.

#50 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Even still, it's possible for me to act good for a little while.

Rurigok 1423711252250180

Board footer