Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

emanresu

Six unrelated ideas

Suicide option in case you get trapped by crappy map design. Blows your smiley up and respawns you at a random spawn point.

Musical blocks. Run over them or jump on them and they play a note! Different colors = different notes.

Deep maps. Like the wide map except vertical.

Drag and drop editing. Sometimes I build something and then realize it's not quite in the right spot. Rather than having to delete and rebuild the whole thing to shift it over one block, let me drag a selection area over it with the mouse and move it like you can in all image editing programs.

Dark maps. Maps with some sort of darkness overlay. Everything is pitch black and the minimap is disabled. Smileys generate light (maybe need a power up?) illuminating their surroundings for a certain radius around themselves. Would allow for a lot of cool game modes. Hide and seek anyone? Oh, and of course gods would be able to see the whole map for easy editing.

A wormhole block. Get close enough to it, it slowly starts sucking you in. The closer you get, the more powerful the suction until escape becomes impossible. If you get sucked in you're teleported to a random spawn point. If it's surrounded by blocks and you get too close, then you're stuck for good. Affects your jumps too. If there's one above you, you'll jump higher. If there's one below you, you won't be able to jump as high.

#2 Before February 2015

Null
Website

Re: Six unrelated ideas

Great ideas! I would love some kind of reset button, as for some places I fall into these random deep holes that I can't get out of.

Deep maps would be pretty interesting, people could make some kind of underground based minigame place.

Drag and drop would be very nice as well. I sometimes draw art, and I get frustrated when my art is not in line with other smileys or such or when the place I'm drawing in is too crowded with other things.

The other three were cool too, but I have to say that I love these ones.

Last edited by Null (Dec 28 2010 7:46:29 pm)

[only logs in here when drunk]
EE Pics
______

#3 Before February 2015

EDJ

all suggestions should be added
nice ones

#4 Before February 2015

Blackboy1323

Nice ideas! But I was a little worried about the Suicide option. Is it really nessacary for your smiley to blow up? :/

#5 Before February 2015

mistahboi

LOL, cartoon violence FTW. I think it would make suiciding a bit... interesting. I mean, some people might just suicide just for the laugh of it, seeing their smiley blow up. It could make teleporter maps possible, but people could abuse it for stages with random spawn points with random rooms. Dark maps would be like that too, it could make more maps possible, but some maps extremely annoying. Deep would be good for stairs, musical blocks would give a better reason for people to use sound (other than coins), and drag and drop never really appealed to me.

#6 Before February 2015

emanresu

Blackboy1323 wrote:

Nice ideas! But I was a little worried about the Suicide option. Is it really nessacary for your smiley to blow up? :/

Well, it could melt or be crushed by a falling block if that's more to your liking.

lawl but seriously, it doesn't have to be a graphic fiery explosion with a spray of blood or anything. Just a simple pop with some yellow bits flying out. It would be lame if there was no effect at all and you just disappeared and reappeared at spawn.

#7 Before February 2015

Alex

Added everything to the list( a few of these were just adding on to previous ideas), but they're all great, good job. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

emanresu 1423726075235357

Board footer