Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

NikK

Only Registered-users levels

I really think there should be levels only for registered users, as there are only beta levels.

I suggest this because i think that sometimes is annoying to have so many guests on your level, or in "*something* to code" levels, ppl sometimes dont want to give out code to guests. Also 80% of guests troll, and you can't stop them from trolling, because you can't kick them (I think) and you can't know who they are as they don't have usernames.

If you think this is a good idea post etc. etc. etc.

---

Edits:

EDIT 1: Maybe they could make a guest server, so if you don't sign up you're sent to the guest server, and if you sign up and log in you are sent to the normal server.

EDIT 2: They could also make something like:

*everybodyedits.com
*beta.everybodyedits.com
*guest.everybodyedits.com

Altough it might be harder

Last edited by NikK (Jan 22 2011 11:36:21 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Fer22f

Re: Only Registered-users levels

And the betas? I paid $ 9.90 for nothing? No, no, no, if so don't have anything special for the betas!

#3 Before February 2015

NikK

Fer22f wrote:

And the betas? I paid $ 9.90 for nothing? No, no, no, if so don't have anything special for the betas!

So now you're saying that the betas aren't registered? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

When I say registered I mean non guests levels, cause guests are sometimes annoying

#4 Before February 2015

Fer22f

NikK wrote:
Fer22f wrote:

So now you're saying that the betas aren't registered? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

When I say registered I mean non guests levels, cause guests are sometimes annoying

Oh sorry, I got it wrong. I am brazilian... I thought that was to have all saved worlds!

#5 Before February 2015

NikK

Fer22f wrote:
NikK wrote:
Fer22f wrote:

Oh sorry, I got it wrong. I am brazilian... I thought that was to have all saved worlds!

It's ok, no big deal //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#6 Before February 2015

EDJ

Why not disable the guestoption.

Although it might be harder to attract new people then

#7 Before February 2015

mrvalley

how about you just give guest users a temporary name, something like 'guest2847'

#8 Before February 2015

Fer22f

mrvalley wrote:

how about you just give guest users a temporary name, something like 'guest2847'

I'd say the same thing, thief of ideas!
lol
That's are a really good idea.

#9 Before February 2015

NikK

mrvalley wrote:

That wouldn't solve the problem, cuz it would be like:

Guest2847 starts trolling
You put "Guest2847" in the troll list
Guest2847 logs out
Another guest logs in, that guess now is Guest 2847.
That new guest is a good person (doesn't troll)
Nobody likes him cuz the old Guest 2847 trolled.

And if you mean, like,

Guest 1 logs in
Guest 1 logs out
Another guest logs in
That guest, instead of being guest 1 now is guest 2

We have same problem:

Guest2847 logs out
Guest2847 (Now called Guest2848) gets code cuz he isn't on the troll list
Guest 2848 starts trolling
You put "Guest2848" in the troll list
Guest2848 logs out
Guest2848 (Now called Guest2849) gets code cuz he isn't on the troll list
Guest 2849 starts trolling
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.
---

EDJ wrote:

Why not disable the guestoption.

Although it might be harder to attract new people then

Yea, we'd have to do it slowly, like, in one moment, guests can't make anymore lvls (idk if the currently can). Then, another day, ppl can't make public (i mean guests, registered and betas) levels, they can only make registered and betas lvls or betas lvls.

Note: Merged the two posts, sorry for double post.

Last edited by NikK (Jan 10 2011 9:24:58 pm)

#10 Before February 2015

mrvalley

NikK wrote:
mrvalley wrote:

Guest2847 logs out

And if you mean, like,

Guest 1 logs in
Guest 1 logs out
Another guest logs in

We have same problem:

Guest2847 logs out
Guest2848 logs out
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

if it was so easy to get the code to the level in the first place, then of course he is going to keep doing it.   if you make the code hard to get (which it should've been in the first place), then this would happen:

Guest2847 earns code after 30 minutes of play
Guest2847 logs out
Guest2847 (Now called Guest2848) goes into level, but must go through another 30 minutes to get code
Guest2847 leaves to find another level to troll

the main point here is to MAKE THE CODE HARD TO GET.   you do that, and the trolls will magically disappear.

#11 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

I like the idea for registered users only levels //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#12 Before February 2015

mistahboi

Boss levels often get trolled, but smart trolls never troll saved worlds. This suggestion is pretty useful, but I think instead maybe only registered users being able to use codes would be a good solution as well. Then guests can still enjoy the level, but cannot ruin it.

Last edited by mistahboi (Jan 5 2011 9:07:11 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

Alex

I think this would work a lot better with an option to turn off editing for guests.

#14 Before February 2015

mrvalley

Alex wrote:

I think this would work a lot better with an option to turn off editing for guests.

then the only thing a guest could get form the code is god mode, which i only really useful if you are editing, which they wouldn't be able to do.   simply not letting them use the code would work fine on it's own.

#15 Before February 2015

herafan1

mrvalley wrote:
NikK wrote:
mrvalley wrote:

Guest2847 logs out

And if you mean, like,

Guest 1 logs in
Guest 1 logs out
Another guest logs in

We have same problem:

Guest2847 logs out
Guest2848 logs out
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

if it was so easy to get the code to the level in the first place, then of course he is going to keep doing it.   if you make the code hard to get (which it should've been in the first place), then this would happen:

Guest2847 earns code after 30 minutes of play
Guest2847 logs out
Guest2847 (Now called Guest2848) goes into level, but must go through another 30 minutes to get code
Guest2847 leaves to find another level to troll

the main point here is to MAKE THE CODE HARD TO GET.   you do that, and the trolls will magically disappear.

you also can give them a IP-ban

#16 Before February 2015

NikK

mistahboi wrote:

Boss levels often get trolled, but smart trolls never troll saved worlds. This suggestion is pretty useful, but I think instead maybe only registered users being able to use codes would be a good solution as well. Then guests can still enjoy the level, but cannot ruin it.

Alex wrote:

mrvalley wrote:
Alex wrote:

then the only thing a guest could get form the code is god mode, which i only really useful if you are editing, which they wouldn't be able to do.   simply not letting them use the code would work fine on it's own.

Yea, that would also be a great idea. Hey Alex, can you communicate this to Chris, or, how does it work? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Last edited by NikK (Jan 9 2011 11:18:21 am)

#17 Before February 2015

Nico1a5

another idea: only lvls for non-beta members https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#18 Before February 2015

Blackboy1323

Also, one time I put   a NO GUESTS ALLOWED level,
and guess what happened? Many of the guests came.

Im pretty sure this is a good idea.
Guests just annoy the registered members so much.

#19 Before February 2015

bliske

NikK wrote:

I really think there should be levels only for registered users, as there are only beta levels.

I suggest this because i think that sometimes is annoying to have so many guests on your level, or in "*something* to code" levels, ppl sometimes dont want to give out code to guests. Also 80% of guests troll, and you can't stop them from trolling, because you can't kick them (I think) and you can't know who they are as they don't have usernames.

---

Edits:

EDIT 1: Maybe they could make a guest server, so if you don't sign up you're sent to the guest server, and if you sign up and log in you are sent to the normal server.

bad idea.

#20 Before February 2015

coolio

Bliske wrote:
NikK wrote:

---

Edits:

bad idea.

why?

btw i love it espec. about the trolls. taht way Guest can be removed from unofficial list of trolls.   I find it really annoying when you're in stuff like koth FFA and someone wins twice but they dont have a name >:(

#21 Before February 2015

mrvalley

just stick a check box in the level settings or something.

#22 Before February 2015

mistahboi

Nico1a5 wrote:

another idea: only lvls for non-beta members https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

That's kinda stupid, because a beta could just go on guest to go there. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I think you shouldn't allow code at all for guests, because they can troll any colored keys on the map, even if they passed them already by using god mode.

Last edited by mistahboi (Jan 13 2011 8:57:19 pm)

#23 Before February 2015

NikK

Blackboy1323 wrote:

Also, one time I put   a NO GUESTS ALLOWED level,
and guess what happened? Many of the guests came.

Im pretty sure this is a good idea.
Guests just annoy the registered members so much.

Well, you put that level for the guests to come? If not, that's like saying "Don't touch that 1 million dollars" //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Thanks for the feedback, and yes, guests are so-much-annoyers-of-registered-users LoL

#24 Before February 2015

MnM

Pr we could have a troll detecter and if someone is listed as a troll its says WARNING: guest 1575 is listed as a TROLL

NikK 1423726948234484

Board footer