Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#301 Before February 2015

Fir3Fli3

Re: Everybody Edits Easter 2011: The winners!

Thinking exactly the same, look at my post in your topic. =]

Wooted by: (2)

#302 Before February 2015

BEE

Chimi wrote:

Ouch. 'Didn't have the brain development'?

I edited and clarified it.

When you study Child Development you learn that the way children see the world is different than they way adults see the world. This is natural and not a bad thing.

For example, a two year old is incapable of seeing something from another's point of view because their brain simply cant conceive this notion. Its not because they are stupid, they just havent grown enough. (If you want the interesting experiments they used to determine this I can get it for you)

It isnt until adolecense that people are truely able to empathize and understand how other people feel in situations. This is why adolecents are well known to volunteer and have "causes" they really believe in, because they have developed the ability and morality.

Thats as basic as I can put it. I could go on forever with this though, it is my specialty.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#303 Before February 2015

Penguin

Nou wrote:
Penguin wrote:

No offense, but this contest is the first of it's kind.   Many people are obsessed with EE, as am I, and want to collect every single brick and smiley.   Those who didn't win the contest are at the end of their road.   We will never get the bird or bunny smiley ever, so we'll always be short of two smileys forever.   And BTW, why isn't the Ultimate Fan Smiley in the energy shop? You mods said it was permanent and always available, so could you please put it back?

You're seeing it wrong. You're not 2 smilies behind, there is a handful of people that have two extra. Just like the mods have one extra. If you are that obsessed, hire someone to make a level for you so you win the contest!

If I understand correctly, the ultimate fan smiley is temporarily out of the shop because Chris is moving and he is unable to receive mail at that address at the moment. But hey, if you are that obsessed, why don't you have it already, it's been in the shop for ages.

JadElClemens wrote:

I agree with most of you people. Many people, myself included, like to collect things. EE smileys and decorations are the easiest thing to collect. As of this contest, I no longer am on a streak of collecting EVERYTHING that you can possibly get in EE, other than the mod smiley. It's obviously angered me and others a little. In the future, there should be no exclusive things to win. Perhaps they could get a special symbol by their world in the shop for winning, or a symbol by their name to show they've won, but not exclusive content.

The special symbol in their level or name would also be exclusive and would result in the same amount of complaints.

To all the people complaining constantly:
Instead of being selfish and thinking only about yourselves, how about you try to be happy for the ones who won. You're spoiling everyone's victory and shedding a bad light on the competition. If you had won, you wouldn't have complained there are exclusive smilies that other people can't get because YOU got it. Just stop it, and rather than complaining -which doesn't get us anywhere- find solutions to improve further contests and post your ideas here: http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=7105

P.S. If you can live with the mods having an exclusive smiley, why can't you live with some people having an exclusive smiley?

Two extra? The mods only have one extra because they are special, they need it to prove that they are really the real deal sometimes.   I hardly care about contest winners, I don't need to see them like a mod.   I can't stand letting the mods have an exclusive smiley.   To be honest, I really want that super man smiley and wish they'd just place it in the shop.   Winners aren't that special though.   They aren't mod-material.

#304 Before February 2015

Penguin

133 wrote:

I completely agree with nou.

Also, where's the fun in collecting things if there aren't any rare or exclusive things to collect, and when you just have the same smilies every single other person has? Maybe try again extra hard next time when there will be more exclusive smilies to get. If you win, you'll have some really rare ones, which other collectors won't have. Would you like it if you won something in the next contest everyone else can get too?

Yes, I would like to have friends or many other people that are in the same category as me.   There were already exclusive smileys like the santa (which I have).   Besides, the first contest in EE only gave energy, which I though was great.   This contest, however, was only available to a certain amount of people.   Not everyone had a fair chance of getting the smiley.

#305 Before February 2015

BEE

They aren't mod-material.

Interesting. Are you implying that mods are not human?

#306 Before February 2015

Penguin

BEE wrote:

No, I'm implying that contest or players are no where near the importance of mods, and it would be pointless to have contest winners to have something exclusive like the mods.

#307 Before February 2015

BEE

Penguin wrote:
BEE wrote:

No, I'm implying that contest or players are no where near the importance of mods, and it would be pointless to have contest winners to have something exclusive like the mods.

I beg to differ, but that may be because I am a mod myself on other sites.  

Do you feel the same way about the big spender smiley and people who dont have enough money to buy it?

#308 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

I just really hope this contest comes back next year with the same prizes...

#309 Before February 2015

DK Levels

Penguin wrote:
133 wrote:

I completely agree with nou.

Also, where's the fun in collecting things if there aren't any rare or exclusive things to collect, and when you just have the same smilies every single other person has? Maybe try again extra hard next time when there will be more exclusive smilies to get. If you win, you'll have some really rare ones, which other collectors won't have. Would you like it if you won something in the next contest everyone else can get too?

Yes, I would like to have friends or many other people that are in the same category as me.   There were already exclusive smileys like the santa (which I have).   Besides, the first contest in EE only gave energy, which I though was great.   This contest, however, was only available to a certain amount of people.   Not everyone had a fair chance of getting the smiley.

How didn't they? This contest was available for 200 teams to sign up including back up teams, I think it was available for pretty much everyone. Yet only 150 or so actually sumbitted.
I also basically agree with everything mentioned by Nou , 133 and Bee.
Most people should have known not everyone was going to get the smiley, so why couldn't they complain then?
As for collectors : Look, a part of being a collector means you can't always get everything. Half the collectors don't even have big spender because its not available to them, well these ones won't be too. And honestly, you are kind of being a bit bratty about it because you come off as though you have the need to get Everything in this entire game, so when something exclusive pops up, you feel the need to trash it and complain ...
About bunny and bird being in the shop : If the mods are considering it, I vote against it, people worked hard just to get them, so it shouldn't be fair that others would be allowed to get them by simply time.
And most of you actually miss the point of the whole contest.
The point of a contest is, that you get rewarded for your hard work. If you didn't work as hard as others , you don't win.
And I'm not just saying this because I won, but last time, I didn't even place and didn't complain about it. Just moved on.
I hope this thread gets locked now, its just turned into a huge unnessesary argument...
Im sorry if this offended anyone, but this is my opinion and it needed to be said, and I really don't like getting involved in huge discussions but this is just going too far for 2 effing smileys.

#310 Before February 2015

mustang

In any online community game, there are items that are rare and exclusive, meaning not everyone will be able to collect everything. I think the problem here is that up until this point, there's been really no exclusive content on EE save for the Christmas and New Year's packs, so players have become accustomed to being able to buy absolutely everything.

The prizes for the contest are possibly the first content that will be truly exclusive, and as a result many players are protesting since this hasn't happened before on EE. IMO, this means that once the precedent is set for exclusive smilies being released via special promotions, these sorts of complaints will die down.

So given everything I've posted, it's clear the smilies should be sold for gems at a later date if the mods and Chris do not wish to make any content on EE exclusive. However, if the mods and Chris do want to have rare and exclusive items, then it's critical to not release these smilies so everyone can adjust to the fact that collecting absolutely everything is not possible in EE just like it's not possible in practically every other online game.

Deciding not to have any exclusive content will please many players, but will also ensure that contests and other promotions lack a truly motivating prize. Deciding to have exclusive content will irritate many players in the short run, but in the long run people will come to accept it and contests can continue to have a real motivator.

BTW, my opinion has been changed due to the recent posts on this topic and now I am leaning towards not releasing the smilies, so everyone can learn to accept exclusivity of some items in EE so we can move on from this.

Last edited by mustang (Apr 23 2011 11:38:20 am)

#311 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

BEE wrote:

<snip>
I'm not saying that it is wrong to be thinking of yourselves, some of you probably simply don't have the brain development to see the world from others points of view very well (clarifying: because of their ages), but I'm honestly going to stop responding to the complaints about the exclusive smiley unless you can link me to a complaint that happened before the results were announced.

If it truly bothered you, you would have complained about it before the contest was over.

I have. Several times.
People who win get energy and a smiley, unless you got first place, then you get energy, and TWO SMILEYS.
Energy is enough of a prize, in my opinion, but two smileys is overkill.
Here's the logs of my complaining.

Saturday, April 16th, #eeforum
[14:24] <+Zoey2070> Also, the exclusive smiley thing just seems cheap and unfair.
[14:24] <&RPGMaster2000> Zoey2070: how so?
14:30] <+Zoey2070> This is late. Rpgmaster2000: [Of the smileys being unfair]   Well, it's pretty pointless to have an exclusive smiley for people who are super good making levels which honestly is not very many. but TWO smileys. That's just bs.
[14:36] <&RPGMaster2000> Zoey2070: the way i see it, the reason that we have awesome levels to play is because of awesome level creators
[14:36] <&RPGMaster2000> Zoey2070: they are literally the reason why EE is fun to play
[14:36] <+Zoey2070> Yeaaaaah, well, they shouldn't get TWO smileys

Exclusive things bother me.

It's pretty BS that 'Oh, good job for trying hard and entering a contest, but you get nothing for your hard work lol'
'here, winnors get ENERGY
and SMILEY
and another SMILEY
Enjoy! No smileys for the general public!'
Seriously, maybe one smiley I would be a tad okay with, but two is just stupid.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#312 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

I've read through the entire topic and tried to take in as much feedback and criticism as I can regarding the contest. However, I'd prefer from now on that this conversation moves over to BEE's topic instead.

*lock*

RPGMaster2000 14239565414891

Board footer