Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Having Trouble with New Level Ideas?

Hello, forums. You're pretty fortunate I like sharing my wisdom. Follow these 5 simple rules and you're guaranteed to come across a nice level idea.

-
HOW TO THINK OF ORIGINAL LEVEL IDEAS
-

RULE ONE: Be original.
The most important step. Don't steal other people's ideas, and don't do something that's been done before (like... the s word- *GASP*).

-----

RULE TWO: Be patient.
Unless you're Jesus, original ideas come as often as magic coins do. You can try to think of ideas yourself, but it's hard starting from scratch. Play a few levels, watch a movie; you're bound to have one come up.

-----

RULE THREE: Be open minded.
Don't push ideas to the side. Even if it's too hard or easy, anything that's original is gold. Instead of saying "why" say "why not"

-----

RULE FOUR: Be social.
Have some crew members help you. Are you more interested in working solo? (*glances at bee*) That doesn't stop you from having friends. There's strength in numbers.

-----

RULE FIVE: Twist it up. At the last resort, try to recreate someone else's idea with a twist. Make sure you have the original creator's permission before you go around copyrighting.

-----

Hope it helps. If you DON'T have trouble coming up with level ideas, and you DON'T have a suggestion, don't waste your time. Post somewhere else and don't spam.

-----

Last edited by Tako (Mar 26 2011 7:19:21 pm)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#2 Before February 2015

MIHB

Re: Having Trouble with New Level Ideas?

TakoMan02 wrote:

HOW TO THINK OF ORIGINAL LEVEL IDEAS
RULE ONE: Be original.

This guy knows what he's talking about.

#3 Before February 2015

noelzkie

Yeah.But I don't get the rule five. Twist?

#4 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Instead of a city, make a city being destroyed. I just twisted that idea. Instead of smiley art... um.... you know what just don't do smiley art.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#5 Before February 2015

noelzkie

Mmmmm.....Thanks. I thought twisting was really twisting. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#6 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

you mean like from - to ~? How exactly would you go about literally twisting a level, noelzkie?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#7 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Different, perhaps English isn't Noelzkie's native language. Whether he's learned English or just uses a translator like Google Translator, either way, the toughest thing about translating languages is the multiple meanings of a single word and idioms.

Great list, Tako! I have a suggestion that could fit in with Rule 2. Add something along the lines of, "you can't force a good idea. Instead of trying to think of a good idea, let the good idea come to you naturally. You're levels will ultimately be more original and fun to play."

Last edited by supadorf24 (Mar 27 2011 1:33:01 am)

#8 Before February 2015

noelzkie

HEhe. I have school that's why I know how. And our main word or something like that is tagalog.

#9 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

I actually disagree.. Original ideas can come very easily...   I think you just have to really think outside the box.. Even use househld items for inspiration.. I mean, we did a level about a beehive and cereal for goodness sakes!

#10 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

TakoMan02 wrote:

Instead of saying "why" say "why not"

-----

The basic idea of one of my favorite quotes, right there.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

Tako1423745883215549

Board footer