Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Hexagon

Is documentation available?

Hi everyone,

I was recently interested in creating a bot for EE. Unfortunately it took me about two days just to figure out how to connect to PlayerIO (using the API code) and detecting when one places a block (how I managed to do this was by trial and error). While I have learned a lot through this process, I'm not sure if it's entirely clear. I realize that there is documentation available on the Yahoo! Game Network (PlayerIO) and a bit on the EE's wikia page but it appears too general for this specific application.
Is there EE-bot-specific documentation available? If not, I'm planning to create some however since it involves a lot of work, I really have to make sure that the documentation doesn't exist.

#2 Before February 2015

gustav9797

Re: Is documentation available?

http://www.capasha.com/
That godly page has everything for your needs.

uzjIGfi.gif

#3 Before February 2015

Zumza

Or you can chose the harder way and decompile the ee.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#4 Before February 2015

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Might be better to ask a bot programmer to teach you a few things. The documentation found online regarding bots might work, but having somebody actually explain the code is hugely helpful when learning. You could ask somebody in League Of Androids ~ we're willing to help anyone with an interest in bot dev.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#5 Before February 2015

Hexagon

Thanks for the website, it's just what I needed (with a few small things). I wish I had this when I was first creating my bot!

#6 Before February 2015

Zumza

Who not? I made my first bot knowing just a bit of C#.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Hexagon1423757468203964

Board footer