Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

octagon

Investing a lot of time; is it worth it?

Hello,

Over the past few months I have been developing a bot for EE. It is nearing the testing stage but recently I have heard that EE is dying from many sources (mostly internet forums). :/

I know that this is more of a personal-suited question but is EE dying? Is EE loosing its user base? If it is dying I'll abandon my bot immediately, which won't be that bad because I have had a bit of experience developing in C# and using the PlayerIO API, if that is all I can take away from it.

Last edited by octagon (Jun 3 2014 1:18:52 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

ktostam450

Re: Investing a lot of time; is it worth it?

Do bots for fun, it doesn't matter wether is there a lot of people or not.

#3 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

EE is losing it's user base, but I can tell you that updates, frequent updates will occur soon which should halt the decline in users. I spent around 2 years learning c# and I know how you feel, at first it feel like a drag but I assure you that perseverence will lead to much faster creation. Also the skills that you learn from this are transferable to other things.

If you have some experience in programming, even if limited I would advise you to pick the brains of a programmer as I did when I was starting out. I do recommend LOA (league of Androids) as a group to talk to. We've had experience in teaching and guiding those whom lack experience in programming. SmittyW who had 0 experience in programming was taught by us and is now developing great bot(s) of his own after a few weeks.
Tl;dr stick with it, find other programmers.

#4 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

EE is not dying. It is just in a dormant state. Updates are coming soon and EE will be thriving again.
If you enjoy coding then keep doing it. If anything it will help you learn more about making bots.

Discord: jawp#5123

#5 Before February 2015

Anch

Heck yeah! Put your time into bots! That's how it's good!

#6 Before February 2015

sthegreat

Mak moar botz. Aol hay hayve too sai.

user.php?id=sthegreat

#7 Before February 2015

Anch

More time = better bots //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#8 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Bots are sooo much better than updates.   If your bot is successful, you will help EE grow.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#9 Before February 2015

octagon

Thank you for the responses! It seems like the general consensus is to keep going, and I suppose I will do that.

#10 Before February 2015

Xfrogman43

Some people just make bots that they use for a week or two. Buzzerbee made a bot, "Vertigo", that ran only a few weeks or so and then didn't run it anymore. Other people make bots that run on a much wider basis. I made a bot, FrogBot, that ran for a year or so and people loved it, even though it was basically doing the same thing over and over again. If you choose to make a bot, you should make it the longer one because you can update it and make it better and people will like it. If you want some testers/helpers you can just ask anybody who is good with C#.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#11 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Everybody Edits is definitely dying (or, at least compared to the times before 2012), but I think you should make a bot. I would consider it worth it, and could help keep players active.

#12 Before February 2015

Zumza

If(you're.bot==" will make   EE a better place")
return "course yes";
else
if(you're.bot=="will make EE a badly place")
    return "Get out of here!";
  else
     return "you can try!";

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#13 Before February 2015

octagon

My bot appears too similar to many other bots on this forum so the development will cease unless something crazy happens.

#14 Before February 2015

octagon

Could a mod lock this thread? Thanks.

octagon 1423757580203852

Board footer