Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

skullz17

Re: Bots you would like to see.

The Doctor wrote:
skullz16 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

Sounds more like a modified client, not a bot...

No, I think a modified client would only work for the person using it, whereas a bot would work for everyone by using /teleport etc. It would be for the owner to use, not the player.
If it's difficult to understand since I didn't explain well, look at the Warioland 3 topic. The issue there is that you have to go back to old levels, but if you go back you just do that same level again. This bot would be able to track your progress and now where to /teleport you or whatever if you're repeating a world.

So when you left a world to get where you last, that what you want to say?

Well, that would be possible by using the bot. The variables are changeable by the user though, like in the Event Listener bot (you really need to check this out otherwise it's hard to understand). So there are events that the bot can check for and actions that it does if these events happen. Using the example from earlier, when a player completes level 1, change progress to 1, when they complete level 2, change progress to 2. In level 2 they find a key to go through a door that was in level 1. When the player goes to level 1, if progress is 2 or more, teleport them through the door.
Another example could be a life system that works across multiple levels. Every time you die, your lives decrease by 1. If your lives reach 0, your progress is set to 0 and you are sent through a world portal to level 1. The amount of lives you have would stay the same throughout all the levels. There could even be 1-ups in places.
EDIT: Event Listener

Last edited by skullz16 (Mar 22 2014 8:22:50 am)

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#27 Before February 2015

Master1

Make me a bot that makes bots for me.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#28 Before February 2015

Zumza

Master1 wrote:

Make me a bot that makes bots for me.

Is not a bot but is help you too make one: http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=29583

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#29 Before February 2015

ktostam450

CITYBot from Blocking Blocks, maybe?
The only problem is there's no PM system in Everybody Edits and it would be spammy tho.

#30 Before February 2015

Anch

Blah blah blah while you guys talk about stuff that I don't even know what your talking about, you should make more online bots. I love those.

#31 Before February 2015

Zumza

anch159 wrote:

Blah blah blah while you guys talk about stuff that I don't even know what your talking about, you should make more online bots. I love those.

The web based bots don't have the flexibility of offline ones...
To make snake, dig and shift will use lot of memory server.
And that means that you should pay lot of money for a provider to host you're "online bot". Other solution is to hold my/creator computer 24/7...

Any of those solutions are not rentable. But I remember that Meredith made a modified client wich required the same thing to run but I will repeat myself is not rentable!

#32 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

The Doctor wrote:
anch159 wrote:

The web based bots don't have the flexibility of offline ones...
To make snake, dig and shift will use lot of memory server.
And that means that you should pay lot of money for a provider to host you're "online bot". Other solution is to hold my/creator computer 24/7...

Any of those solutions are not rentable. But I remember that Meredith made a modified client wich required the same thing to run but I will repeat myself is not rentable!

Actually I already posses the servers required to run these for other purposes so it can use quite a bit of memory.

#33 Before February 2015

Anch

It doesn't matter to me if it's not as flexible. I just want some bot to use.

#34 Before February 2015

Zumza

Have been a page deleted from this topic or I am mad?

#35 Before February 2015

skullz17

A bunch of posts have been deleted since 4th April, because of some problems with the forums or something.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#36 Before February 2015

Zumza

skullz16 wrote:

A bunch of posts have been deleted since 4th April, because of some problems with the forums or something.

Really thank you! Sometimes I go mad...

#37 Before February 2015

Creature

I want the temple wurm by floddyfosh back, if you guys will do a new one, credit him.

This is a false statement.

#38 Before February 2015

Zumza

Ummm... Maybe he have copyrights. But I think he don't.

We should ask him first.

Last edited by The Doctor (Apr 27 2014 7:38:42 am)

#39 Before February 2015

NR2001

Is there any way to make the process of authentication ArmorGames logins easier?
I have to open a browser, wait for the game to load, paste in some JavaScript into the address bar, get the UserID and Authentication codes, put those into the bot, then see if it actually worked, and so on.

Is there a way that we can make a bot that you only need to put in your Username and Password for ArmorGames and have the rest of the authentication process done automatically?

#40 Before February 2015

Jabatheblob1

NR2001 wrote:

Is there any way to make the process of authentication ArmorGames logins easier?
I have to open a browser, wait for the game to load, paste in some JavaScript into the address bar, get the UserID and Authentication codes, put those into the bot, then see if it actually worked, and so on.

Is there a way that we can make a bot that you only need to put in your Username and Password for ArmorGames and have the rest of the authentication process done automatically?

everybodyedits.com

If you would like me to make a bot for you, go here.

#41 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Jabatheblob1 wrote:
NR2001 wrote:

everybodyedits.com

Haha, and also, how do you normally get the auth code from armor games?

#42 Before February 2015

NR2001

Meredith wrote:
Jabatheblob1 wrote:
NR2001 wrote:

everybodyedits.com

Haha, and also, how do you normally get the auth code from armor games?

You have to let the game load on Armorgames when you are signed into the site, then paste in some convoluted JavaScript code into your address bar that will open a pop up with the codes. In the bot, you connect as a guest to a special authentication room, send a message with the authentication codes and get back another code. This code is used to authenticate completely, then you just connect to a room.

I typed all of this from my phone without my bot open in front of me so feel free to correct me. *stares at Atilla*

Last edited by NR2001 (May 7 2014 2:13:41 pm)

#43 Before February 2015

TiKen

I once created the same kind of topic and gave away some ideas over there : http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=29643

#44 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I would like to see a level timer that starts as soon as you spawn, and stops whenever the crown/trophy (this can be changed in the settings) is collected.

#45 Before February 2015

Zumza

N1KF wrote:

I would like to see a level timer that starts as soon as you spawn, and stops whenever the crown/trophy (this can be changed in the settings) is collected.

Isnt that called "reset at get crown"?

Last edited by The Doctor (May 15 2014 12:58:48 pm)

#46 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

The Doctor wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Isnt that called "reset at get crown"?

I'm not sure what you mean, but it's more like a speedrun bot that works for any level (with a crown/trophy).

#47 Before February 2015

Hexagon

Not sure if this is already made, but a session saver. This means that say if a user left the level and then came back like a week from now (for example) they would be in the exact same position that they were in along with their coins. Basically just needs to continuously store how many coins every user has and their position; when they log in executes the teleport command to their previous position.

#48 Before February 2015

lrussell
Website

Hexagon wrote:

Not sure if this is already made, but a session saver. This means that say if a user left the level and then came back like a week from now (for example) they would be in the exact same position that they were in along with their coins. Basically just needs to continuously store how many coins every user has and their position; when they log in executes the teleport command to their previous position.

For coins that would require teleporting to to every location where the coins were, etc. I think that'd be nice though.
If anything, that could be a feature implemented right into EE.

#49 Before February 2015

Hexagon

I found a command that might add coins without the use of teleporting: connection.Send("c",x,y) where x and y are the coin coordinates (I think). Not sure if that means coordinates or teleport though.

#50 Before February 2015

Zumza

Thats good news for modified clients ^ happy hacking!

Meredith 1423757650203782

Board footer