Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Burning Witness

Basic help with bot programming

I did find some tutorials of how to launch a bot, though they failed (maybe because they were too old, maybe because I'm nub and don't see obvious things). Didn't find any about doing something with bot if you successfully launched it. So, can someone post a dump of PlayerIO commands with explanation of each one?

Sorry for my bad English, hope you understood what I said.

#2 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Re: Basic help with bot programming

Logging in/Joining rooms. Lines 176, 244-249, 253-255, 282, and 289-290 are important ones.
Miscellaneous source codes.
Sending and receiving through PlayerIOClient.

The process works like this:
1) You create the PlayerIOClient.Client object. ("Logging in")
2) You create the PlayerIOClient.Connection object using the client. (Connecting to a room)
3) You "subscribe" to the Connection.OnMessage event.
4) You send "init" and "init2" through Connection.Send.
5) What happens from here is up to you. Your OnMessage subscriber receives events and your Connection object sends things like blocks, chat, etc.

Tips:
• In order to build bricks, you must use the de-rotated world key. Your OnMessage subscriber will receive a PlayerIOClient.Message with type "init" as soon as you send "init" and "init2" (step 4). In that message, there will be many things, but you are interested in Message.GetString(5). It is the world key, except Chris used Rot13 encryption on it. You must take that string and "derotate" it. The code to derotate can be found in link 2 and the code to send a brick is in link 3 toward the bottom.

• The infamous init message also contains every block in the room, but it isn't easy to read. We call the process of reading the init message for blocks "Deserializing", and you can see how to do that in link 2.

• There are a few APIs out there that do all of these things. There is EECloud, Cupcake, and Skylight, to name a few. View this post to learn more about them. They are open-sourced, so you can see how to do nearly every PlayerIOClient function in context.

Burning Witness wrote:

Sorry for my bad English, hope you understood what I said.

I thought this was funny, because your English is flawless.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#3 Before February 2015

Zumza

http://elcbotz.weebly.com/lessons.html
This guys have make something like LOA but idk what happen to them.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#4 Before February 2015

Burning Witness

Thanks. Hope this will help not only me.

#5 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

this youtube user has a couple of videos for bot making. Also check this site for c# source codes, paste bin ect.

/Alex

#6 Before February 2015

Jabatheblob1

I can help you out if you want some. It's not too terribly hard once you know what everything does. Just by putting it into sentences instead of code.

If you would like me to make a bot for you, go here.

#7 Before February 2015

Burning Witness

Jabatheblob1, I've coded before small subprogrammes. I know that programming is quite easy once you understand where to put everything.

Last edited by Burning Witness (Jul 6 2014 10:01:59 am)

#8 Before February 2015

Jabatheblob1

Burning Witness wrote:

Jabatheblob1, I've coded before small subprogrammes. I know that programming is quite easy once you understand where to put everything.

Alright then if you need help knowing the ee terms and such just message me.

If you would like me to make a bot for you, go here.

Burning Witness 1423757796203636

Board footer