Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Polt

Need suggestions for HNNNGventure

Hey guys, I need some feedback on my map HNNNGventure 2. The original HNNNGventure was a conceptual map that was a mix between aesthetics and traditional platforming, this is no different (though the original did have a huge area that had planets, that was cool).

Here's the link: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWKQIAAA

Now here's the problem: I am unable to gauge difficulty. I've been playing EE for a long time and when playing other people's maps I find myself breezing past other players most of the time. I'm not bragging -- I can't tell what's difficult for your average EE player. So in HNNNGventure, I think the difficulty is really uneven. In some cases this is on purpose, and in others it's really.. not. I should mention that some parts are meant to be optional and that the overall goal is to get all of the coins.

So anyway, I need input as to which parts are good, which are bad, and those in which the difficulty doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. There are a few large blank spaces near the start because I'm revamping the beginning, just ignore them for now. Please help me make a great HNNNGventure!

[EDIT]

HNNNGventure is now much much much much easier. Stupidly easy. Coins have been reduced and rooms have been added, and old rooms have been completely changed. Need theme suggestions, though. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by Polt (Sep 26 2010 12:02:13 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Re: Need suggestions for HNNNGventure

I think there was too much hook jumps. Also there were a lot of coins out of the way, I stopped collecting them after 20. The level is pretty cool just looking at the minimap, but you dont have the minigames/ect to   back it up. Also, Some of your levels, you can cheat //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink. (I won't tell you which, play test them)

#3 Before February 2015

Polt

Well, how I decided to go with the coins was basically a "put in some extra effort, get a reward". Some people aren't big on coin collecting, while others are. You get a better experience with HNNNGventure by reaching for those coins, but they are entirely optional. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile By the end of the level there will be 99 coins, so there will be coin adjustments to the parts of the level that are completed now to make it all even-like.

The parts with "cheating", I have no issue with as well. I like letting players choose the way they want to handle an area, and while those who figure out the quick way often go that route, there are some that stick to the predetermined course. The level is called HNNNGventure because I want people to feel like they're making their own adventure, besides the cool areas.

How far did you get, if you don't mind my asking? I'm retooling after the houses down to the bottom corner sometime tomorrow or tonight.

#4 Before February 2015

Des

Difficulty curve is a bit crazy.

#5 Before February 2015

RT

to me, it was pretty easy. overall i liked the map, for the coins extra challenge, and the artistic minigames.

#6 Before February 2015

luker2009

it was a realy easy :rolleyes:

Last edited by luker2009 (Sep 25 2010 7:48:33 am)

#7 Before February 2015

Polt

Yeah, I went through and made everything, uh.. a lot easier like two days after I last posted in this thread. My bad.   Everything got scaled down as not many people were making it through at all. So basically now it's just easy, but bigger. Still not done.

I do need suggestions as to what to put next, though, theme-wise.

#8 Before February 2015

robotnikfart

Way too easy.

#9 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

I didn't feel on an adventure... even after it was edited. Seemed like a bunch of bland minigames thrown together in a shape. Plus, what is with the HNNNG?

Polt 1423759652201780

Board footer